Last updated: September 1st, 2018.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an
identifiable person. We may collect the following personal information:
Data you submit while using our website or services: Name, address (billing and shipping), telephone number, email address and the photos you upload when you start an order on our website.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR DATA
We may use your personal information for the following:
• to communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions
• to send you a registration email and tips on how to start making your photobooks after you register an account
• fulfill your requests to print and deliver the photo books you order from us
• to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you (if you opt-in to the newsletter)
• to allow you to share your books and albums via Social Media (optional)
• as required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
We do not share or sell a user's personal data to any third parties for advertising or marketing purposes.
DATA TRANSFER AND RETENTION
Piktology operates a worldwide service, and as such may engage third party companies or individuals
as service providers to support our business. This includes website hosting, data analysis and
storage, payment processing, album design, order fulfillment and delivery, customer service, email
delivery, and credit card processing.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA), including having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts. We also rely on European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
• Active orders: photos are stored until the order is either deleted, or purchased.
• Incomplete orders: photos are deleted within 45 days from the order deletion.
• Reorders: on purchase, we store a copy of your photos for 6 months to allow you to reorder copies or smaller duplicates. If you'd prefer to delete your images, you can do so from the My Account section on our website.
• Share Link: On purchase, we send you a unique link to your album which can be emailed to friends & family, or shared via Social media. If you choose to delete your photos after purchase, this link will stop working after the photos have been deleted.
When you request for your photos to be deleted, please allow for up to 14 days for your photos to be removed from our servers.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse our website. We
use the following cookies:
Essential cookies PHPSESSID: Your session ID on the server, expires at the end of the session.
CookieConsent: Preserves user consent status across page requests. Expires in 1 year.
Reviews.co.uk: We use this third party to collect and display customer reviews on our site. A cookie is set which is used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic. Expires in 1 year.
We use Google AdWords and Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online, including for remarketing and interest-based advertising. These services allow third-party vendors, including Google, to display our ads on third-party sites across the Internet. You can learn about Google’s practices and exercise additional preference offered by Google by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads.
We use the following 3rd party apps to better understand how users interact with our website which enables us to continuously improve the services and products we offer: Hotjar (https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy), SEMrush (https://www.semrush.com/cookie-policy) and MixPanel (https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/).
For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Use of Facebook social plugins This site uses social plugins from Facebook.com that allow you to share your photobook with family or friends. It also allows them to “like” a book you have shared with them. If you visit a website that contains such a plugin, your browser transmits information about the website and your interaction with it to Facebook. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information of Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/policy.php). If you do not want Facebook to collect data about you via our website, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
PIXEL tags or similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our services or makes a purchase. We use IP Addresses to help determine the country you are accessing our services from, to prevent against fraud and for administering our services.
Children under 16 are not allowed to use Piktology. If you are based in the EEA you may only use Piktology if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country, or if verifiable parental consent has been provided to us. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about someones age.
We ask that you not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Information to or through our service. This can include, but is not limited to health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, political opinions, religion or information related to racial or ethnic origin, criminal background etc.
SECURITY & PAYMENT PROCESSING
Piktology takes security of data very seriously. All personal data collected is transferred and
stored securely, using industry standard encryption protocols, and approved transfer mechanisms. Our
team is trained on the importance of Privacy and Data Protection and will adhere to our relevant
All payments are processed through secure 3rd party providers. We currently use Stripe (https://stripe.com/) to process all credit card payments. Piktology does not process or store your credit card information.
Under GDPR you have the right to access personal information that we processes about you. You can
request from us information about -
• The personal data we hold about you
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The purposes of the processing
• Details to whom your personal data has been/will be disclosed
• How long we retain your personal data
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You may also request from us the following- • That we update any incomplete or inaccurate data about you
• Request that we delete your personal data in accordance with GDPR
To ensure your data is protected, if we receive a request from you to exercise your rights, we will ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. You can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
exercise any of your statutory rights. We can be reached at email@example.com, or via the address